120 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
Timeless values with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Join Our Team
We have an exciting role for an energetic Analyst of Real Estate to assist with all aspects of the real estate firm’s activities.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to get broad exposure and provide significant impact in managing and growing all aspects of a highly entrepreneurial real estate business. The candidate must be extremely resourceful, present well, a quick learner, a strategic thinker, comfortable with technology with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects, and willing to take a lot of initiative. Candidates are expected to come to the job with several specific areas of real estate experience (see below) and be able and willing to quickly participate in other areas of the firm’s activities.
Candidate must have at least two years of real estate experience, preferably with direct experience in real estate finance, project management and/or development.
There will be a wide range of responsibilities for this job depending on firm projects and executive needs. These responsibilities will evolve depending on the need of senior executives and the firm, and there are fantastic opportunities for growth. Key responsibilities will include:
- Acquisitions/New Business Development
- Capital Raising (Finance/Equity)
- Property and Tenant Management
- Operations and Financial Analysis
- Development/Project Management
- BA with focus on Real Estate/Finance; MA or MBA preferred .
- 2+ Years of Direct Commercial Real Estate Finance, Acquisitions, Operating Experience, or Development Experience, with a record of increasing accomplishment and responsibility.
- Strong financial and analytical skills and reasoning abilities, with high attention to details.
- Real Estate Salesperson or Brokerage License – Candidates without license will be required to obtain during first six months of job.
- Strong Excel/Argus skill and MS Office. Adobe/CAD experience a plus.
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight.
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated skill in leadership and collaboration
- Good communication skills
- Great attitude with strong intellect
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our team as a Property Manager at Bromley Hall, a privately-owned residence hall located in the heart of the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign campus. Not only will you be part of a rock-star team, but you’ll get to be part of a company that is family owned and operated for over 50 years.
Bromley Hall is a privately-owned residence hall located in the heart of the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign campus. Bromley Hall is part of the Certified Housing program at the University of Illinois and has partnered with the University of Illinois for over 50 years to provide housing for University of Illinois students, summer camps and more. Over the last 50 years we have provided housing to more than 35,000 University of Illinois students.
The Property Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of Bromley Hall with an annual budget over 10 million dollars. The Property Manager works closely with the Senior Vice President to ensure consistent quality, striving to exceed owner and resident expectations.
- Oversees all Residential Life programs, activities, and events.
- Is visible, available, and approachable to the student staff and area residents.
- Reviews and collaborates with the VP of College Housing to authorize expenditures for community engagement, capital improvements, and staff development.
- Tours and inspects facilities to ensure building security and safety.
- Provides input and feedback related to facility improvements that address student needs and enhance the community living experience.
- Works with the building engineer and the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure a safe, smooth functioning, and well-maintained living environment for the residents.
- Collaborates with campus and community stakeholders and advances strategic partnerships.
- Actively participates in outreach, recruitment, and marketing. Develops and implements marketing strategies to maintain maximum occupancy; represents Bromley Hall at university outreach and recruitment events; creates outreach tools and comprehensive staff recruiting presentations.
- Provides training, structure and support to res life staff, in developing positive strategies to build community, engage in effective communication, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Communicates with parents and guardians and provides timely follow up regarding their student concerns and experiences.
- Completes other administrative tasks and processes as assigned and needed.
- Facilitates an inclusive, supportive environment for residents and staff.
Who you are-
A highly motivated, outgoing and dedicated team player with –
- A Bachelor’s degree: three to four years related experience and/or training in property management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge of (or can quickly learn) common organization-specific and other computer application programs to support administrative billing, tracking, customer service contact, etc. processes as well as strong desktop/mobile device skills for creating/analyzing/sharing word, spreadsheet, data base documents.
- Solid interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising, and counseling to effectively motivate others.
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify resolutions.
- Strong customer service orientation, experience and skills working with the public clientele such as staff, faculty, families, students and parents. Includes demonstrated ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- Demonstrated skills in employee supervision.
- Strong demonstration of an ability to support and contribute to a team.
- Solid organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
We are also looking for a dynamic, energetic project/development manager with an entrepreneurial outlook and a background in development to help manage its Tampa investments, including the 23-acre 1.7 million sf Midtown Tampa development. She/he will lead the implementation and execution of strategies, programs, and initiatives for the multi-use development and other owned properties. Role is incredibly hands-on which will require passion, creativity and the ability to make things happen.
- Meticulously supervise new tenant build outs and existing tenant improvements. • Engage in contract negotiation with and manage Midtown’s contractors, vendors and service providers.
- Oversee permitting and government approvals.
- Represent Bromley independently with tenants, partners, lenders and local governmental officials
- Partner with our operations manager and the on-site team to monitor the daily operation of the portfolio on the operational and management side.
- Lead and execute the implementation of revenue-enhancing and expense containment programs and initiatives of the property level, monitor tenant and resident turnover and satisfaction indicators, and identify and act on opportunities to drive operational excellence.
- Oversee renovation and new development projects including feasibility analysis, market research and cost estimating.
- 5-10 years experience in development and project management with demonstrated history of excellent performance.
- Experience in institutional level Office, Retail and Multifamily development and asset management, and working with high quality tenants and Class A assets.
- Desire to learn, innovate, contribute in meaningful way to building and nurturing a “City within a City” @Midtown Tampa
- Experience at interpreting limited partnership agreements, financial statements, and regulatory documents
- Excellent technical skills (MS Suite, Google Docs, Yardi)
- Willingness to juggle simultaneous projects and handle a wide variety of responsibilities.